Thursday, September 1, 2011

I am back

Wow - what a busy few months it has been, but guess what? It's Labor Day weekend, my oldest son just started his senior year, my younger two start charter cyber school on Tuesday, and that means we can finally settle into a routine. I have been smocking off and on all summer, but haven't completed anything other than designing and smocking a pagoda for our smocking guild's logo. Speaking of our smocking guild, the Pagoda Pleaters officially kicks off on September 14th! We have a great year planned, and it's going to be so much fun. We meet on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 1:00 - 3:00 at the Exeter Pubic Library. If you're in the Reading, PA area, please join us!
For labor day weekend, my plans are to finish my current project which is an insert smocked with Ellen McCarns Seabrook Scallops. I was originally going to make it as an insert in a t-shirt for myself, but decided I would get more use out of it as a purse, so I am making a denim purse with the insert. I am hoping to have it finished by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment