Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Battle of the Black Fabric

My house was recently attacked by 68 yards of black fabric! I published a podcast on Monday and was prepared to update my blog accordingly. However, I got a call from our family ministries minister at church asking for some help. The next thing I knew, I had 68 yards of black fabric in my house and I was making huge panels for the stage for Family Fusion. When all was said and done, I made 7 panels -- 5 of them were 15 feet x 5 feet, and 2 of them were 15 feet x 10 feet.
I serged all the edges and then turned under the top several times to make it stronger so gromets could be set in to hang these panels. It was a lot of work, but it was a blessing to be able to do that for my church. You should have seen the pile of serger scraps.
The Family Fusion show is tomorrow night, so I will take a few pictures of what I actually made and post them. In the meantime, I will gather all the info from the latest podcast and get that up later on this evening - now that the panels are happily delivered to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment