Monday, August 23, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed.....

I finished the smocking on my smocked Christmas ball this weekend and attempted to put it all together.  However, it didn't work!  My Styrofoam ball was too big, and one of my top gathering threads broke as I was trying to force it to work.  So... now I have a geometric Christmas-colors smocked piece.  I am not giving up though.  I am going to be creative and figure out another way to make something out of this.  I have a couple of ideas, but I will have to see if they work out before I share them.

The Martha Pullen Fan Club has been a buzz about the new Sew Beautiful.  I am very eager to get my own copy.  I would love to do another review of it.  I checked Barnes & Nobles last night, and they didn't have it in yet.  I am thinking of calling JoAnn Fabrics to see if they have it in yet. 

Well, I must get back to my real job (transcription), but in between medical reports, my gears will be shifting and spinning to think of a creative way to salvage my smocked piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment