Thursday, August 19, 2010

SAGA

Tonight I officially rejoined SAGA -- the Smocking Arts Guild of America.  As I mentioned on my podcast this week, there are not any local chapters near me, but I am going to join the WEB smockers guild.  I tried to attend their August cyber meeting, but we had some problems with me getting connected to them.  However, they are kindly going to be working with me this weekend to make sure I am all set up to join them for their September meeting.

I am excited about being a part of SAGA again.  It's a great group, and their quarterly newsletter is a wonderful resource for smockers of all skill levels.  I am even thinking of joining their Artisan program to fine tune my skills. 

Who knows.... maybe one day I will a smocking guild again.  I had a great time with the one I started in Florida.  If you happen to live in the Berks County area in Pennsylvania and are interested in being a part of a local smocking guild, please let me know.   I'm not in a hurry to start a guild, but if I find enough people interested, I would certainly considering getting a guild established here.

Tonight I will finish the smocking on my first Christmas ornament for the Martha Pullen Fan Club ornament exchange, and tomorrow I will put it together.  I am off tomorrow because I work Saturday, so that gives me some time to finish it up and hopefully even pleat another piece to get to work on ornament #2.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy being a part of SAGA. I remember the day I signed up I actually called and joined just because I was so excited that I wanted to share that excitement with someone else who would understand. Hopefully you'll find enough local interest so you can start a guild. It's so fun to get together and share with others! We just had our meeting this past week and the Show and Tell alone was just outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete